Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you have plans made with your sweetie? Or maybe you’re all set to have a girl’s night in. Tonight might not work schedule-wise for us, so we’ll fit in a dinner over the next few days. It’s a toss-up between two restaurants: one with a lobster stuffed avocado appetizer or one with awesome burgers and truffle fries.
As for gifts, we might forgo them this year to save for Bebe. But for those looking for last minute gift ideas for their guy, maybe a one of these items will fit the bill:
- If your significant other is anything like mine, he’ll greatly appreciate this non-iron shirt from Banana Republic. Less trips to the dry cleaners and less time ironing in the morning!
- If chocolate is one of the first things that comes to mind when you think Valentine’s Day, the chocolate malts in the Widmer Brothers’ Raspberry Russian Imperial Stout are sure to please. And the addition of raspberries will keep things a little sweeter. If he prefers something a little lighter or hoppier, stop by the nearest (better) liquor store and ask for a recommendation.
- John (and even I) was skeptical of The Art of Shaving. But he received a travel size set of the Sandalwood shaving collection as a groomsman gift and was hooked. So for last Valentine’s Day, I gave him the full-sized Sandalwood shaving cream. He’ll love the close shave and you’ll love the manly scent. The Art of Shaving can be found at Macy’s, Sephora, and their own free-standing stores.
- If your guy has a sweet tooth, pick up or bake one of his favorite treats. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and these smoked porter cupcakes with salted caramel cream cheese frosting will make a beeline to his heart.
- Cashmere socks are something a guy will appreciate, but never buy himself. I’ve bought some for John through Gilt, but it’s obviously a little too last minute for that.
- Would your guy like to try his hand at homebrewing? Swing by your nearest beer and winemaking store to get a homebrewing kit! The one pictured is from Williams Sonoma. The product page doesn’t say “Internet only,” but you might want to check if it’s available in the store before making a special trip.
- Finally, if you’re looking to spice things up in the kitchen, create a signature spice rub. Wrap up a mason jar full of spice rub and he’ll be good to go.
Do you have any last minute gift ideas to share?