Hi there! How was your weekend? (Sure, it’s Wednesday and almost time for the next weekend!) Mine was a bit on the DIY-heavy side. I had my first foray into dress-making. Sewing one for myself and a mini one for a friend with a baby girl on the way. No previews on either dress yet because I still need to tweak my dress and I don’t want to spoil the surprise for my friend.
And let’s not forget our upholstered ottoman! After months of on-and-off work, it’s finally done! I’m putting together a comprehensive tutorial, so in the meantime, how about a quick DIY project we completed on New Year’s Day?
The tutorial didn’t seem too daunting, so we put the Wall Blade on our Christmas list. Yes, we lived with the ugly cables for several months.
Once John cut out the holes for the Wall Blade, we found a little surprise:
We knew the back room was added on at a later date, so it was fun to see the exterior walls. What we didn’t expect was that the brick was painted white. My guess is that they kept the brick wall when the back room was added, but then covered it with drywall when getting the house ready to sell.
Like the old Tootsie Roll commercial, “…the world may never know.”
Back to the matter at hand. Here’s how things were shaping up once we installed the Wall Blade. This picture is missing one of the cords, but we easily added it later.
Have a great week!